Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another dreary weekend in Oregon. Actually it's probably just the start of many!
Steve and I played golf yesterday in the annual "Turkey Shoot" at our golf club. My friend Sam and I placed fifth. I won $15.00 dollars. Luckily I didn't place high enough to win another turkey!!! My high handicap helped alot!

The Christmas Cactus in the picture is actually part of a very old cactus that I purchaced about 20 years ago. I almost killed it a few years ago but was able to get a section of it to survive. I call it the Vern Wilt Memorial Christmas Cactus. Named after Steve's late father. He always liked this plant when he visited around Thanksgiving and it was blooming. Hmmmm...it is Thanksgiving and not Christmas! I have three of theses plants and they are all blooming now! Go figure.

Busy week - helping Hannah get ready to have her first Thanksgiving in her new home. Meredith will arrive on Thursday morning. Trader Joes is open Wednesday till 6pm so she will drive home Thursday morning. Then the big baby shower on Saturday night. Couples shower at our house hosted by Alison. More pics on that later.!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Actually Trader Joe's is open til 9pm. :)

Aunt Lisa said...

Oh this is great. I can tell I am going to be spending alot of time blogging. Can't wait to see grandbaby Jack. Anni was going to do a blog like last year and I wasn't sure what it was so really didn't encourage her but now she needs to get hers going too. She has been sending pictures of grandbabies since the first arrived 6 year ago. (wow that's long)and this is a much more fun way to do it. Ok so keep blogging and I'll keep watching.




Aunt Meredith and Jack

Early morning on the beach

Early morning on the beach

Fun in the Snow!

Fun in the Snow!
Hannah and Alison

Steve Alison, Joey and Rockie

The end of a fun Night!!

But the Christmas Cactus is beautiful!